If there’s one thing we know to be true it’s that if you want gorgeous skin, it’s imperative that you’re disciplined. While you may be tempted to fall into bed with a full face of make-up, this will only wreak havoc on your skin and cleansing, toning, and moisturising is something that must be done with a near-religious dedication.
However, no matter how disciplined you are, there are times when your skin will need extra TLC.
The good news is that you don’t have to go buy more expensive products, instead you can whip you a huge variety of body scrubs using items you probably already have in your pantry! Here’s how to get gorgeous, smooth, and glowing skin the inexpensive way.
Creating and Using Your Homemade Body Scrub
Below you will find a list of combinations for body scrubs which will all work wonders on your skin. While the ingredients may differ, the method to create each is the same. Here’s how to make and use your body scrub:
- Combine all the ingredients to form a coarse paste
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly
- Apply the paste to your skin
- Using the tips of your fingers, massage the mixture onto your skin in a circular motion
- Focus on a single area for 1-2 minutes before moving onto the next
- Wash the mixture off your skin with lukewarm water and a moisturising body wash
1. Sugar and Coffee Grounds Body Scrub
Just like online bingo Australia is rich in fun, coffee is rich in antioxidants which help to fight cellulite, while the coarse sugar will aid in the removal of dead skin. The olive oil will penetrate your skin during the exfoliating process leaving it hydrated and supple.
- ¼ cup coffee grounds
- ¼ cup sugar granules
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 vitamin E capsules
2. Sea Salt Body Scrub
Rich in minerals and exfoliating agents, using this coarse sea salt scrub 2-3 times a week will leave your skin looking younger and healthy. It will also improve circulation and reduce the signs of scarring.
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5-15 drops of your favourite essential oil
3. Oatmeal Body Scrub
Oatmeal is a fantastic natural exfoliator and not only does it help to get rid of dead skin cells, but also soothes and heals troubled skin.
- ½ cup uncooked oatmeal
- ½ cup granulated brown sugar
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
- 4 drops frankincense
4. Lemon and Sugar Body Scrub
Being extremely rich in vitamin C, lemon helps give your skin a boost of nourishment, restoring the skin’s slightly acidic pH level and leaves your skin feeling smooth and glowing.
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 whole lemon
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze all of its juice into a bowl
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well to form a coarse paste
- Follow the steps of use as outlined above